Appraisals are a way for managers to review the performance of their employees. They can be used for various reasons, including:
- Setting out plans and goals
- Talk about any areas of improvement
They can also be used to help management choices about the employee. Such as
- Job Role
There are many ways to complete an appraisal for an employee. Some examples are:
- Traditional Appraisal: The employee and manager talk about the employee’s performance.
- Self-appraisal: The employee assesses themselves
- 360-Degree Feedback: Performance is reviewed from a couple of points of view. These could be colleagues, managers, direct reporters and other associates.